A track record of success at retail
Since the spring of 2000, TCI has conducted more than 1,000 in-store sampling events with retailers in Eastern Canada and Ontario. During this time, average pounds of catfish sold during the demonstrations have more than tripled. Even more telling is that the number of shoppers sampled has risen from an average 250 shoppers per 14-hour two-day demonstration to nearly 600 shoppers. There’s no doubt about it: awareness and acceptance of U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish is growing quickly at the point-of-purchase.
- Always wash hands before handling food.
- Refrigerated items should be held at 2ºC - 3ºC (36ºF - 38ºF).
- Fish/seafood should be cooked to an internal temperature of 63ºC (145ºF).
- If a hot food is held before service, the minimum internal holding temperature is 60ºC (140ºF).
Please contact your preferred seafood supplier or contact Ken Berger at 416-200-7207 / email@example.com.
TCI has promotions in a box available for menu promotions at any time of the year. Whether it’s themed to summer grilling, healthy menu choices, Father’s Day, the perennial favourite, Mardi Gras, or just because, we have the promotion to make the difference. Our Promo in a Box is simple. Just let us know the size of your restaurant and when you want to hold your menu event and we’ll provide everything you need: apparel for your staff and servers, menu inserts or special menus, recipe suggestions, decor items, and much more. Demand always exceeds availability, so put your request in early.
Lucy’s Seafood Kitchen
During a month-long menu promotion at an Ontario chain of seafood restaurants, U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish sales increased 100 percent during the promotion, with post-event sales significantly higher. In a customer survey, the taste of the product was rated as good to excellent by 96 percent of diners. Further, 97 percent of diners said they would order U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish again.
1. Great taste! U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish is mild and slightly sweet tasting.
2. Because it is top-fed a diet of floating grain pellets it is a very clean fish with none of the “fishy” taste or aroma of other seafood.
TCI advertises regularly in Canada’s leading retail and foodservice publications including Ontario Restaurant News, Canada’s Foodservice News, Foodservice and Hospitality, Grocer Today, and Canadian Grocer. As well, spillover into Canada from American paid advertising campaign numbers in the millions of impressions annually.
Seafood is a delicious and nutritious meal choice, and nothing is more important than making a safe fish purchase. The following tips should help you select the best seafood.
- Fresh fish has no fishy odour.
- Fish fillets should be moist with no drying or browning around the edges.
- Frozen fish packages should be undamaged and the fish should have no freezer-burn, no offcolour and not be covered with ice crystals.
- Fish should be kept wrapped and stored in the coldest part of the refrigerator.
- Fresh fish should be used within two days of purchase.
- Fish is ready to eat when the flesh is opaque and flakes easily.